Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Rui Zhang <rz...@vertica.com> on 2014/07/24 00:02:34 UTC

What is the status used for?

Hi,

I have commented out the status code in the python agents. But the
status action will always lead to a failure after a couple of of IN
PROGRESS.

What does the status used for? How can I avoid the failure?

Rui Zhang
Software engineer Intern
Vertica, an HP Company
rzhang@vertica.com

Re: What is the status used for?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
if you have a pid, then kill -0 $PID will verify that the process is there;
returning 0 on success, 1 on failure.

it doesn't handle pid recycling though

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE