Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/01 07:54:19 UTC

summer of code coming to end

There has been some signifcant tooling going on by those crazy guys at aol.
It looks like with the move of all tapestry javascript into dojo packages
which has already happened - people who care will be able to create special
compressed js versions that include exactly ~only~ the javascript that their
app actually uses. Down to each little bit even :)

Obviously this blows away any talk I had of thinking 23kb was pretty good
for size.

http://ajaxian.com/archives/js-linker-in-dojo-toolkit

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: summer of code coming to end

Posted by Beat Hoermann <ho...@freesurf.ch>.
Jesse Kuhnert <jkuhnert <at> gmail.com> writes:

> There has been some signifcant tooling going on by those crazy guys at aol.
> It looks like with the move of all tapestry javascript into dojo packages
> which has already happened - people who care will be able to create special
> compressed js versions that include exactly ~only~ the javascript that their
> app actually uses. Down to each little bit even :)
>
> Obviously this blows away any talk I had of thinking 23kb was pretty good
> for size.
>
> http://ajaxian.com/archives/js-linker-in-dojo-toolkit

Great feature! This means that the web-app is no longer forced to load
unnecessary JS code. Just implement this feature as a default behaviour of
Tapestry since nobody wants to have a web-app that is fatter than necessary.

To move all tapestry javascript into dojo packages, thus making dojo
ubiqitious in a Tapestry generated web-app, is a design decision.

This feature significantly reduces the basic concern formulated in the
thread "Tapestry 4.1: dojo everywhere?".

Thank you for taking care of this issue!