Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jim Wright <jw...@palgraphics.com> on 2002/10/08 23:37:03 UTC

Hyphenated text as String

Hey Foppers:

Is there some way to get the hyphenated text of a particular block(s)
returned as a string (with hyphens in place)?

Since FOP puts hyphens in place at the time of the transform, I'm hoping
to get back the hyphenated strings of specific blocks for a different
portion of my application.

Is this possible?

Any input/examples would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

jw

Re: Hyphenated text as String

Posted by Jim Wright <jw...@palgraphics.com>.
Sigh.

Yeah, I was looking at that class, but hoped there was a more "all in
one" approach.

Thanks again for the input.

jw

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Jim Wright <jw...@palgraphics.com>.
I did. And it seems like the right class to use, but it looks like it
just hyphenates one word at a time(?).

Can you point me toward which class decides which word is last on a line
(measures text length), and hands it off to hyphenator? If I could just
get a point of reference as to how Hyphenator is called by a specific
block, I think I could ferret out the rest pretty quick. I checked the
Javadoc, but couldn't find which class(es) used hyphenator on the
block-level.

Thanks for your help!

jw

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.