Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Gapaillard Nicolas <ni...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/03 09:33:14 UTC

route URI encryption

Hi all,

Is it an out of the box way to encrypt the route uris or hide the
login/password values inside the route uris in JMX displaying ?

The use case is:

I don't want that someone that access to jmx  can see the login/password
of all defined routes.

Thanks.

Re: route URI encryption

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Gapaillard Nicolas
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4974

Thanks. It would indeed be nice to avoid username/password/passphrases
in the JMX uris.
But we need to put something in place to make them unique, maybe a
hashed value is okay or some sort.

> Le 03/02/2012 16:03, Gapaillard Nicolas a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Ok no pb.
>>
>> Yes for me, the people has access to the jmx didn't have to know the
>> login/password of the connection.
>> Like a database manager doesn't have to know all the clear password in a
>> database.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

>> Le 03/02/2012 13:38, Ashwin Karpe a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> This is not currently available. Sounds like a nice optional feature to
>>> have. I wonder whether an offered enhancement for the Camel JMX component
>>> via something ike Jasypt would do the trick...
>>>
>>> Would you mind creating an enhancement request in the Apache Camel Jira
>>> (link below)
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>
>>> Ashwin...
>>>

>>> -----
>>> Ashwin Karpe
>>> Apache Camel Committer&  Sr Principal Consultant
>>> FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
>>> http://fusesource.com
>>>
>>> Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: route URI encryption

Posted by Gapaillard Nicolas <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: route URI encryption

Posted by Gapaillard Nicolas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: route URI encryption

Re: route URI encryption

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

That is not possible. You can secure JMX.

--
Claus Ibsen