Posted to users@maven.apache.org by aldana <al...@gmx.de> on 2007/08/13 17:48:33 UTC

assembly-plugin: exlude a file from dependent jar

hi all,

in one of my projects i am having bouncycastle as a dependency. for
distribution i am using the assembly plugin. problem is that files BCKEY.DSA
and BCKEY.SF give me an SecurityException: no manifest section for signature
file entry
so that is why i need to exclude these files from my built assembly.

i am using assembly plugin 2.2-beta-1, looked at descriptor documentation
and tried to configure the assembly descriptor as following to exclude above
files with:

<dependencySets>
  <dependencySet>
     <exclude>bouncycastle:bcprov:*:*.DSA</exclude>
  </dependencySet>
</dependencySets>

above try does not work. does anybody know, how it is possible to tell that
a certain file of a dependency should be excluded?

many thanks.

Re: assembly-plugin: exlude a file from dependent jar

Posted by aldana <al...@gmx.de>.

Zarick Lau wrote:

> Have you try the unpackOptions under dependencySet?

no, i did not. But using your advice works :) Must have been blind, because
I did not see this <unpackOptions> in assembly-descriptor description.

Re: assembly-plugin: exlude a file from dependent jar

Posted by Zarick Lau <za...@gmail.com>.
On 8/13/07, aldana <al...@gmx.de> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> in one of my projects i am having bouncycastle as a dependency. for
> distribution i am using the assembly plugin. problem is that files BCKEY.DSA
> and BCKEY.SF give me an SecurityException: no manifest section for signature
> file entry
> so that is why i need to exclude these files from my built assembly.
>
> i am using assembly plugin 2.2-beta-1, looked at descriptor documentation
> and tried to configure the assembly descriptor as following to exclude above
> files with:

> <dependencySets>
>   <dependencySet>
>      <exclude>bouncycastle:bcprov:*:*.DSA</exclude>
>   </dependencySet>
> </dependencySets>
>
> above try does not work. does anybody know, how it is possible to tell that
> a certain file of a dependency should be excluded?

Have you try the unpackOptions under dependencySet?

Best regards,
Zarick Lau