Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Julien BARRET <ju...@advantys.fr> on 2000/05/03 14:57:24 UTC

Beginner question about Tomcat & Apache

Dear Tomcat gurus,

I would like to share a directory between apache and Tomcat.
Apache will serve html pages while Tomcat will deal with jsp ones...

By reading the Tomcat user guide, this sounds to be easy... but it is not!
:-)

What I first done was to create a jsp sub-directory in my site directory in
wich I put all my jsp pages.
So my directory layout is :
    /mysite  => *.html
    /mysite/jsp => *.jsp

This is working fine, but I would like to have only a single directory
mixing html and jsp files.

Here is the tomcat-apache.con I appended to the httpd.conf:

    LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so
    <IfModule mod_jserv.c>
    ApJServManual on
    ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
    ApJServMountCopy on
    ApJServLogLevel notice
    ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
    ApJServDefaultHost 123.123.123.145
    ApJServDefaultPort 8007

    Alias /mysite /usr/local/apache/mysite
    ApJServMount /mysite/jsp /usr/local/apache/mysite/jsp
    </IfModule>

Does somebody can help ?
Last question : Do I have to add a context  in the server.xml file ?

Thanks a lot for any help...