Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aravind Chavar <ar...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/14 16:04:40 UTC

Complex Data type

Hi,
I am trying to build a webservice, which uses complex type parameters.The
method I am following to deploy the web services is , change the .java
extension of the file to .jws and place it in axis directory.Following is
the source code

import java.io.*;
import java.util.* ;

/**
*
* @author Arvind Chavar
*/
public class ComplexTypeOneService {
   public OutBean[] getBeans(InBean[] inBeans){
       OutBean[] result = new OutBean[inBeans.length];
       int sqrNum = 0;

       for(int i=0;i<inBeans.length;i++){
	   sqrNum = inBeans[i].getNum();
           result[i] .setNum(sqrNum*sqrNum);
       }

	   return result;
   }
}

class OutBean{
  private int num;

  public OutBean(){

  }

  public void setNum(int num){
    this.num = num;
  }

  public int getNum(){
    return num;
  }
}

class InBean extends OutBean{

}

When I try to access the wsdl using following URL , the java classes for al
three classes are complied and placed in WEB-INFJwsclasses directory under
axis
http://localhost:8080/axis/complex/ComplexTypeOneService.jws?wsdl

Instead of getting the wsdl I get following error, eventhough the class file
is existing there

AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: OutBean

Why is this happening?.Any idea?.

Thanks.

Arvind

Re: Complex Data type

Posted by Jürgen Kaatz <ka...@e-commerceit.de>.
Hi Aravind,

perhaps the error is, that your bean isn't declared as a public class.
Juergen

Juergen Kaatz
Entwickler / Developer
WWE e-commerce IT GmbH