Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Sabine K." <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 13:21:17 UTC

T5: whitespaces in select component.

Hi,

there is one selectbox: <t:select t:model="_restrictionEnzymes"
style="width: 300px; font-family:monospace" size="7"
t:value="selectedEnzyme"/>

_restrictionEnzymes is an arraylist with strings like:

[Acc65I]               | GGTACC
[EcoRI]                | GAATTC
[Hpy188III]          | TCNNGA

Everythink is right but the whitespaces become lost. i tested to write
"&nbsp;" or "&#160;"  which not works. Any idea how to get whitespaces in a
string in a selectbox?

Best regards

Re: T5: whitespaces in select component.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Just prompting Sabine for more details about what HTML was produced, and
what was expected.

On 5/4/07, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess this is my disagree with Howard day, but I don't think that's a
> completely valid statement.
>
> Just look at the actions list drop down in the email (gmail) client you
> are
> using to reply to these messages. ;) ..It's extremely convenient and not
> something you can easily do with css alone.
>
> On 5/4/07, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Whitespace in HTML is generally not meaningful.  Perhaps you should use
> > CSS
> > to style the <options> to use a fixed-width font?
> >
> > On 5/4/07, Sabine K. <la...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > there is one selectbox: <t:select t:model="_restrictionEnzymes"
> > > style="width: 300px; font-family:monospace" size="7"
> > > t:value="selectedEnzyme"/>
> > >
> > > _restrictionEnzymes is an arraylist with strings like:
> > >
> > > [Acc65I]               | GGTACC
> > > [EcoRI]                | GAATTC
> > > [Hpy188III]          | TCNNGA
> > >
> > > Everythink is right but the whitespaces become lost. i tested to write
> > > "&nbsp;" or "&#160;"  which not works. Any idea how to get whitespaces
> > in
> > > string in a selectbox?
> > >
> > > Best regards
> > > --

> > --
> > Howard M. Lewis Ship
> > TWD Consulting, Inc.
> > Independent J2EE / Open-Source Java Consultant
> > Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry
> > Creator, Apache HiveMind
> >
> > Professional Tapestry training, mentoring, support
> > and project work.  http://howardlewisship.com
> >

> --
> Jesse Kuhnert
> Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Whitespace in HTML is generally not meaningful.  Perhaps you should use CSS
to style the <options> to use a fixed-width font?

On 5/4/07, Sabine K. <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there is one selectbox: <t:select t:model="_restrictionEnzymes"
> style="width: 300px; font-family:monospace" size="7"
> t:value="selectedEnzyme"/>
>
> _restrictionEnzymes is an arraylist with strings like:
>
> [Acc65I]               | GGTACC
> [EcoRI]                | GAATTC
> [Hpy188III]          | TCNNGA
>
> Everythink is right but the whitespaces become lost. i tested to write
> "&nbsp;" or "&#160;"  which not works. Any idea how to get whitespaces in
> string in a selectbox?
>
> Best regards

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.