Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Josh J <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/07 16:50:53 UTC

trident custom groupby

Hi,

I would like to customize the trident groupby, so that the tuples are
grouped by a customized function (e.g. first three letters of the string).
How can I customize the behavior of groupby?

Thanks,
Josh

Re: trident custom groupby

Posted by Romain Leroux <le...@gmail.com>.
You make a function to extract the first three letters of your string in a
new field and group by on that field.