Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> on 2009/06/19 14:23:25 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig 1.0 (RC4)

Hi,

On the advice of our mentors the abandoned vote to release Apache
Incubator Shindig 1.0 (RC4) was left open pending other votes from the
IPMC or -1 votes blocking the release.

We have now received sufficient votes to release, being 2 non binding,
and 3 binding +1 votes, no 0 or -1 votes as listed below in addition
to the 7 +1 binding votes from the podling.

Paul Lindner +1 (non binding)
Ian Boston +1 (non binding)
Ant Elder +1 (binding)
Leo Simons +1 (binding)
Sylvain Wallez +1 (binding)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who gave their
time to review this release, especially Sebb who's forensic
observation identified many of the problems.

Thank you everyone at this very busy time leading up to your members
meeting.
Ian

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig 1.0 (RC4)

Posted by Lane LiaBraaten <ll...@google.com>.
Congrats all!  Thanks for sticking with it - this release has been a long
time coming.

Cheers,
Lane

Posted by Lane LiaBraaten <ll...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Woo!

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
2009/6/21 Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>:
> Done,
> step 10  at [1] says celebrate :)

It was a long (and perilous) release so Champagne!

> btw, thank you to whoever re-published the site and fixed the pdf plugin
> (Vincent ?)

Yep

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Incubator Shindig 1.0 (RC4)

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.

Posted by Lane LiaBraaten <ll...@google.com>.
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Lane LiaBraaten <ll...@google.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Go for it,
>> I still need to
>> a) put the last 2 non blockers from Sebb into the 1.0.x branch and
>> b) merge in all the fixes in the 1.0.x branch into trunk, ideally before a
>> 1.1.x branch.
>>
>> And get the site build working again, one of the maven snapshot plugins
>> has gone a bit funny, it might be ok on the next update.
>> And when thats done, get an announcement out.
>

> +1 - I'd like to put a post on blog.opensocial.org about this release.
> Any volunteers to draft something up?

Here's a draft...please send me your feedback in the next 24 hours or
so...I'd like to get this on blog.opensocial.org while the news is hot.

Cheers,
Lane

-----
Subject: Apache Incubator Shindig 1.0 released

Apache Shindig aims to make it simple to create your own OpenSocial
container by providing an open source implementation (in both Java and PHP)
of the OpenSocial APIs.  The Shindig team recently made creating and
maintaining an OpenSocial container even easier, by creating a 1.0 release
that supports OpenSocial v0.8.1.

Now, instead of checking out a specific revision or trying to keep up with
the ever-changing trunk, OpenSocial container developers can use the stable
releases in their own websites.  As issues come up, the Shindig community
will fix them and roll them into the stable release, so all developers have
to do is grab the new version.

You can get Shindig 1.0 from the downloads page [1] of the Shindig website.
The Shindig team is currently working on implementing OpenSocial v0.9 and
we're all looking forward to the next release!

Posted by Lane LiaBraaten, on behalf of the Apache Incubator Shindig Team

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/download/index.html

Posted by Chris Chabot <ch...@google.com>.
Awesome, thanks Lane!

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.