Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Sutton <pa...@eu.c2.net> on 1998/01/12 16:33:47 UTC

We'd like to donate a copy of WebTwin (fwd)

I was sent this message. It's about a program that converts a set of HTML
pages into a windows HLP file. The example shows the htdocs that come with
Apache done into a HLP -- it looks very nice. I think we could certainly
use this to get a really nice help file for windows users. While you could
argue that they don't need it, since the docs are there in HTML and
accessible as soon as the user gets Apache working, it would make Apache
seem a more natural Windows product, and of course give us something to
put on the installer menu, along with apache.exe. Plus people can read the
HLP file to find out how to configure Apache. On the downside the entire
htdocs directory turns into a 1Mb HLP file.

//pcs

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Paul Sutton wrote:

> I was sent this message. It's about a program that converts a set of HTML
> pages into a windows HLP file. The example shows the htdocs that come with
> Apache done into a HLP -- it looks very nice. I think we could certainly
> use this to get a really nice help file for windows users. While you could
> argue that they don't need it, since the docs are there in HTML and
> accessible as soon as the user gets Apache working, it would make Apache
> seem a more natural Windows product, and of course give us something to
> put on the installer menu, along with apache.exe. Plus people can read the
> HLP file to find out how to configure Apache. On the downside the entire
> htdocs directory turns into a 1Mb HLP file.

Cool. +1. Dunno whether we should consider cut-down installs, since the
current install is under 1 MB, so adding an extra 30% for docs seems a
shame (and more when the HTML docs are added, too).

BTW if you use IS2 express (or whatever it was), can it do the mangling
that's needed in the conf files?

Cheers,

Ben.