Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Sumit Gaur <su...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/09 05:21:15 UTC

Overriding JClouds default Properties

Hi ,
I want to understand the modification for JClouds internal threads. I
saw below 3 major properties that can help to improve the TPS for
SWIFT Bloblstore connectivity via JClouds.

 Properties overrides = new Properties();
 overrides.setProperty(PROPERTY_IO_WORKER_THREADS, "40");
 overrides.setProperty(PROPERTY_SCHEDULER_THREADS, "20");
 overrides.setProperty(PROPERTY_USER_THREADS, "0"); //assuming unlimited

Please let me know from internal architecture point of view if my
thinking is correct ?  As I am not seeing any difference in number of
requests served by SWIFT through JClouds though I am able to get
better numbers if I bypass JCloud lib.

Thanks
sumit

Re: Overriding JClouds default Properties

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
Hi Sumit

Are you looking to develop your own provider [1], or simply to use an
existing jclouds API or provider within your own app?

If the latter is the case, I would suggest we move this discussion to
the user@ list, since others may have similar questions?

ap

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/jclouds/Core%20Concepts