Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by Freek Philipsen <fr...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/28 13:36:36 UTC

Functions and pagination

Dear all,

Just joined the mailing list and have a question straight from the get-go :)

How would one implement server-side pagination to limit the results
returned from a function? In our case we have a function that returns a
list of Complex types (since the results do not really need a key/unique
ID, it is basically just a record holding a value/quality/timestamp). It is
possible however that this list can grow quite large, hence our requirement
to limit this somehow.

It seems only EntityCollection has a setNext option to define the URI for
the next set of Entities to return.

I had a look at the OLingo JIRA site and OLINGO-1336 seems kind of close to
our issue.

What options are available in V4.0 to achieve pagination in functions
returning complex type results (collection)?

Looking forward to any help.
Cheers.

Kind regards,
Freek Philipsen