Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael <mi...@bizsystems.com> on 2001/02/08 20:19:56 UTC

Content management tools

Could someone recommend a content management tool that is oriented
toward the end user who is not necessarily very technically adept or
html savvy. Don't really care about the developer tools,
the developers can fend for themselves. The application is to provide
the website owner with the ability to manage new content on their
page but not have to know a lot technically.

There appear to be many choices and evaluating each for this set of
qualities is not going very well since the documentation is written
with the administrator/developer in mind.

Thank in advance for your comments.

Michael
Michael@bizsystems.com

Re: Content management tools

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Michael wrote:

> Could someone recommend a content management tool that is oriented
> toward the end user who is not necessarily very technically adept or
> html savvy. Don't really care about the developer tools,
> the developers can fend for themselves. The application is to provide
> the website owner with the ability to manage new content on their
> page but not have to know a lot technically.
>
> There appear to be many choices and evaluating each for this set of
> qualities is not going very well since the documentation is written
> with the administrator/developer in mind.

Thats a huge question, and the requirements of "I need a CMS" don't give
much to go on. As yet there is only one publicly available mod_perl "CMS",
though I don't think it fits your bill, and its the Mason one.

Depending on your budget the market for CMS' is pretty huge, so its hard
to recommend anything particular.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **
     \\//
     //\\
    //  \\

Re: Content management tools

Posted by Will Wiley <wi...@windriver.com>.
Look at a combination of Interwoven and ArborText.

Thanks

At 11:19 AM 2/8/01 -0800, Michael wrote:
>Could someone recommend a content management tool that is oriented
>toward the end user who is not necessarily very technically adept or
>html savvy. Don't really care about the developer tools,
>the developers can fend for themselves. The application is to provide
>the website owner with the ability to manage new content on their
>page but not have to know a lot technically.
>
>There appear to be many choices and evaluating each for this set of
>qualities is not going very well since the documentation is written
>with the administrator/developer in mind.
>
>Thank in advance for your comments.
>
>Michael
>Michael@bizsystems.com

Will Wiley		    Sr. Web Technologist
Wind River Systems,          Platform Engineering
Tel   : +1(510)749-2476       Fax : +1(510)749-2010
mailto:will.wiley@windriver.com  http://www.windriver.com