Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Christopher Henrich <ch...@monmouth.com> on 2004/10/12 03:15:47 UTC

Cannot commit, for strange reasons

I am working on an apple G4, with Mac OS 10.3.5, and using subversion
(version 1.1.0, release candidate 2) to
keep versions of some projects.

In one project, I have started to get error messages, whenever I
attempt to commit.  The name of the project, and the main directory,
are "WebPages".  I get error messages like this:

           Out of date '/WebPages/trunk' in transaction '14'

If I repeat the attempt to commit the transaction number goes up, to
'15", "16", and (presumably) so on.

I have been using svn in the most straightforward way, editing files
and committing changed versions, and adding files occasionally.   The
strangeness started after I decided to "ignore" certain files.  working
i the project directory WebPages, I used the command
	svn propedit svn:ignore  .
and edited a desirable line into this property.  Now the svn status
command tells me
[~/Documents/Workspace/WebPages] chris% svn status
?      svn-commit.2.tmp
?      svn-commit.tmp
  M     .
and attempts to "commit" fail as I described.

What is going on her, and what should I do?

Re: Cannot commit, for strange reasons

Posted by Florian Weimer <fw...@deneb.enyo.de>.
* Christopher Henrich:

> What is going on her, and what should I do?

Have you tried running "svn update"?  It looks as if your working copy
is out of date.