Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org> on 2019/05/14 15:28:59 UTC

0.4.6 release and upcoming 0.4.7

Hello all,

0.4.6 release is just out and has a lot of performance improvements. Please
check it out.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES.md#release-046

We are now starting to work towards our first apache release. I plan to put
up some jiras and share with the group for help.

In the meantime, there will a final "flush" com.uber.hoodie release 0.4.7
this week, to merge the outstanding PRs.
Please consider if you want some PRs/changes merged before we change the
package naming to org.apache.hudi

Thanks
Vinoth

Re: 0.4.6 release and upcoming 0.4.7

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
We got some feedback that we need a mechanism to deliver bug fixes in the
interim.
https://github.com/apache/incubator-hudi/wiki/Snapshot-Releases-prior-to-ASF-Release

Summarizes how to pick up snapshot releases we plan to make in the
transition phase.
Please email the ML if you. need one for a bug fix (although it should be
simple to build it yourself as well)

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.