Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net> on 2005/11/24 16:16:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r348748 - in /maven/sandbox/issue/rbot: jira.rb rbot_jira_plugin.rb

Jason,

Why do you use ruby and not java?

Emmanuel

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Emmanuel Venisse wrote:
> Jason,
>
> Why do you use ruby and not java?

I've been learning ruby and so I just make things. I have a Java
interface as well but Ruby is pretty good at prototyping stuff and there
are tons of libraries.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks