Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by ajith <aj...@asianetindia.com> on 2003/04/07 18:43:44 UTC

Help Regarding usage of webservice

Hi All,

   I need one help. I am new to soap. I need to develop a service in Apache.
The client I intend to use is one using pocket soap.

The service I intend to use should be able to know if there is not a valid
connection b/w the server and the client when a method is invoked at the
server side.
For eg: suppose I have the following code in the server side
public class Hello {
 public String sayHello(String name) {
   return "Hello " + name;
 }
}
Here for the providerclass Hello, I have exposed an function sayHello.
Suppose while executing sayHello the n/w connection breaks. So the response
won't be delivered to the client. In this case is there a way or any
exception that I can catch by which I know that the response has not been
delivered to the client and I can do some operations at the server ?
Does changing the scope from application to request help ?

Please give me your suggestions

Thanx in advance
Ajith