Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/26 19:19:05 UTC

Request For Inclusion in 0.30

Hi Justin,

Arising out of Fraser's interoperability testing of the Java Broker with
Messenger today, there's a couple of change that I'd like to get in to 0.30
(and should really be considered out of the scope of the more general
request of mine to merge everything that was on trunk for Java as of Monday
evening :-) ).

1) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6044 :

A fix so that if someone is using Messenger with the Java broker addresses
like "127.0.0.1", "localhost" etc. all resolve to the default virtual host
within the broker unless there is a better match.

The change only affects the 1.0 codepath, and is a major usability win for
those using messenger (otherwise they need to configure virtual hosts with
the same name as their hostname, etc).

Commits:

https://svn.apache.org/r1620570
https://svn.apache.org/r1620593

2) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-6046 :

Treat request to receive from amq.fanout (or any fanout exchange) as a
request to create a temp queue and bind it to that exchange with any
binding key.

Again the change only affects the 1.0 codepath and brings the behaviour
(seemingly) in line with what the C++ broker does in this instance.

Commits:

https://svn.apache.org/r1620629
https://svn.apache.org/r1620657

If you want I can get one of the other Java devs to look at the code... but
since none of them is really familiar with the 1.0 codepath... :-)

-- Rob

Re: Request For Inclusion in 0.30

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Rob.  Both are now approved.