Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Xiaofan Zhou <Xi...@businessobjects.com> on 2006/01/16 19:05:50 UTC

NetAccessorException

Hi,

I have an application that uses XERCES-c (version 1.7, a bit old) to
parse some XML schemas. The schemas are all like this: A root wrapper
schema that includes/imports other schemas in the following way:

	<xsd:import namespace='http://www.test.com/test'

schemaLocation='http://SF-XYZ:28080/webservice/testInput0.xsd'/>

And I made sure that the schemas like "testInput0.xsd" are in the right
webservice fold.

Now my problem is this: My application can only parse a few schemas
correctly and then will raise a NetAccessorException when parsing the
next schema, but if I shut down my application and re-start it again,
then the schema parsing is just fine for the same very schema that got
the NetAccessorException.

The application creates an XML reader every time it parses one schema
and destroy it when it is done. It also uses
XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize() and XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate() to
initial and clean up the library environment.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Frank

Re: NetAccessorException

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Xiaofan Zhou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an application that uses XERCES-c (version 1.7, a bit old) to
> parse some XML schemas.

1.7 is more than a "bit" old, that's for sure.

> Now my problem is this: My application can only parse a few schemas
> correctly and then will raise a NetAccessorException when parsing the
> next schema, but if I shut down my application and re-start it again,
> then the schema parsing is just fine for the same very schema that got
> the NetAccessorException.

Is there an error message from the exception?  It sounds like a resource
leak, so perhaps a socket is not being closed when the net accessor is
destroyed.  Have you tried upgrading your application to a newer version
of Xerces-C?

Dave