Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sandert <se...@atosorigin.com> on 2007/06/26 10:28:04 UTC

JMS Connector HTTP servlet TOMCAT

Hi,

The aim of this mail is to know how to retreive a JMS message through a
method like doPost in a servlet (tomcat5.5 server).

In a tomcat’s servlet, we usually have to implement  4 methods :
- Init() used to initialize the servlet;
- doGet ( HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) where we retrieve
requests from browsers;
- doPost ( HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res) where we
retrieve data requests;
- destroy()

When a client program sends an http request to a servlet’s url, we retrieve
it (by event) in the HttpServletRequest argument of a doPost method. If the
same client program sends many http requests simultanely, many of them will
be managed by TOMCAT’s runtime in different threads.

I would like to get the same behaviour with a JMS message :
When a client program (producer) sends a JMS message to an ActiveMQ server
queue, I would like to retrieve it (still by event) in an
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest argument of a method like doPost (ex:
doMessages in org.apache.activemq.web package). And of course, if the same
client program sends many JMS messages to the ActiveMQ server queue, I would
like requests (JMS messages) to be managed by TOMCAT’s runtime in different
threads.

In the package org.apache.activemq.web, classes MessageListenerServlet,
MessageServlet seem to have this doMessages method but there is no example
to show how to use them. Where can I find a full example?

Also, after installing an ActiveMQ server, if we write the following url :
‘http://bdv06:8162/demo/’ (bdv06:8162 is the computer and port on which the
ActiveMQ server is installed), we access to an example that seems to fit to
what I’m looking for :

ActiveMQ Web Connector :
This service allows you to send messages to the JMS network using a normal
HTTP POST and to receive messages from a destination using a HTTP GET.

With

Simple Form based browser example
Send a message
Receive a message

But even if there is this example, I don’t success to get the related source
code.

Is anybody can help me to find a full example or to explain me how I can
retrieve a JMS message using multithreading management of tomcat’s runtime ?

Many Thanks