Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by jab0326 <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/04 16:48:58 UTC

Upgrade Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.39

Hi,

I am new to Tomcat. We have an application written in 4.1.18.  At a minimum
I would like to upgrade to version 4.1.39.  The application runs on Windows
2000 sp4.

Is there an upgrade exe that can be run?  Or, could you point me to a good
page that would walk me through the process?  Both?

Also,

Idealy I would like to upgrade to the most recent Tomcat Version 6.1.  I
assume that would be difficult as different jsp versions may cause issues.
Thoughts.

Thank you very much

Jim

RE: Upgrade Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.39

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: jab0326 [mailto:james.bruno@gmail.com]
> Subject: Upgrade Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.39
>
> We have an application written in 4.1.18.  At a
> minimum I would like to upgrade to version 4.1.39.

I would think that effort would border on the trivial - but I've never run a Tomcat that old.

> Is there an upgrade exe that can be run?  Or,
> could you point me to a good page that would
> walk me through the process?

Install the new one in a different directory, and compare all the .xml files between the two.  Modify the 4.1.39 ones as needed.

> Idealy I would like to upgrade to the most recent Tomcat Version 6.1.

This is for 5.5 to 6.0 (there is no 6.1), but it's a start:
http://tomcat.apache.org/migration.html

> I assume that would be difficult as different jsp versions
> may cause issues.

That won't be a problem, since the WEB-INF/web.xml carries the spec version the servlets are written against, as should the individual .jsp files.  It's primarily the Tomcat-specific configs that have to change.

 - Chuck

Re: Upgrade Tomcat 4.1.18 to 4.1.39

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.