Posted to user@struts.apache.org by NetSQL <ma...@friendVU.com> on 2005/04/01 16:45:55 UTC

Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?

Craig McClanahan wrote:

> I would caution new projects, however, to *not* use the Struts HTML
> tags.  That part of Struts has received fairly little developer
> attention, and should be considered legacy at this point.

I would disagree. JSTL replaced some tag, but HTML tag is IMO best
practice and production tested stable.

It's easy for graphic artists to work w/.

.V

Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
I agree with this.  The html tags are boss.

On Apr 1, 2005 6:45 AM, NetSQL <ma...@friendvu.com> wrote:
> Craig McClanahan wrote:
>

> > I would caution new projects, however, to *not* use the Struts HTML
> > tags.  That part of Struts has received fairly little developer
> > attention, and should be considered legacy at this point.
>
> I would disagree. JSTL replaced some tag, but HTML tag is IMO best
> practice and production tested stable.
>
> It's easy for graphic artists to work w/.
>
> .V

~Dakota Jack~

Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?

Posted by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com>.
Who he is, Dave, is someone paid by the people bringing you JSF.  Doh!
 I think I will just have to do my own evaluation all by myself, and
then I can say "The best thing about it is that I did it myself".
Like they said about me in the 3rd grade: he always does a little more
than asked.  ///;-)

Jack

On Apr 1, 2005 8:20 AM, Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com> wrote:
> NetSQL wrote:
>
> > Craig McClanahan wrote:
> >
> >> I would caution new projects, however, to *not* use the Struts HTML
> >> tags.  That part of Struts has received fairly little developer
> >> attention, and should be considered legacy at this point.
> >
> > I would disagree. JSTL replaced some tag, but HTML tag is IMO best
> > practice and production tested stable.
>
> Er...
>
> In general I'd tend to listen to Craig on issues like this, considering
> who he is and stuff.
>
> Even if you choose not to, there's a reason the "S" is in "JSTL".
>
> Let's face it--if one of the developers calls something "legacy" we
> should pay attention.
>
> Dave

~Dakota Jack~

Re: Is It Possible to Code Using Struts and JSF at the Same Time?

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.