Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by stx_g <st...@yahoo.it> on 2012/04/18 09:39:41 UTC

Jackson as JSON privider

Hi All,

I'm new to TomEE+ and I'm trying to deploy a JAX-RS web service on it which
is working rather fine.

As far as I understand, the default JSON provider relies on Jettison. I
prefer working with Jackson JSON provider.

How can I configure that? Can someone help me, please?

Thanks.

- Stefano

Re: Jackson as JSON privider

Posted by stx_g <st...@yahoo.it>.
Hi Romain,

thanks a lot for your support: it works!! :-)

Romain Manni-Bucau wrote

> Note: i don't remember if jackson is delivered with tomee,

In effect Jackson is not delivered with TomEE but, no problem, I’ve included
it.

Thanks again.

- Stefano

Re: Jackson as JSON privider

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

for a global config you have to provide the system property (see
http://openejb.apache.org/system-properties-files.html) named '
openejb.cxf.jax-rs.providers'.

the value is a list of provider qualified names (separated by comma).

Note you can use 'default' which means cxf jaxb and json providers (just a
shortcut).

so i guess you can use something like:

-Dopenejb.cxf.jax-rs.providers=
org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJsonProvider,
org.codehaus.jackson.jaxrs.JacksonJaxbJsonProvider

Note: i don't remember if jackson is delivered with tomee, (wheck
webapps/tomee/lib), if not you'll have to had it.

- Romain