Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hugo Burm <hu...@xs4all.nl> on 2003/06/12 18:43:58 UTC

JXTemplate and session beans

How can I access the members of a bean that is stored in the session?

In an action I did something like:
session.setAttribute("usr",myBean);

And now I am trying to access the members of the bean in a JXTemplate view.
I tried $(session.usr.lastname} and #{session/usr/lastname}.

All documentation I found is the Petstore example and the java source of the
generator. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Hugo Burm

Re: JXTemplate and session beans

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
I hear you

Great Wiki... I have spent the last hour messing with it. I had my auth
scheme loading users from mysql using xsp, So I only needed minor changes to
your bean. (The hibernate stuff still has me a little confused tho)

I am thinking that if you are using flow, you are better off keeping
everything as beans. Until, at least, they get the  Flow Object Model hashed
out. (Just my two cents from my first foray into flow)

Hey dev group, Do you have any comments? Am I just not understanding how to
use the existing auth scheme?

Thanks,
JD

Posted by JD Daniels <jd...@datatrio.com>.
I am trying the same thing, but can't seem to figure it out....

Anyone tell me what would be the equivlent of :

<session:getxml context="authentication" path="/authentication/data/title"/>

??