Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Soumendu Bhattacharya <so...@non.agilent.com> on 2008/06/01 15:11:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Trying to modify Server header for apache 2.2.4 but fails

Hi ,

         I am trying to modify the Server header (to disable Apache banner
information) with mod_headers , but it doesn't seem to be working.

Header unset Server

Header set Server " Web Server"

If I change it to Server1 , it works , but seems it's not able to modify the
Server header in particular. I have verified the output thru wget & live
http headers.  Also I am requesting a static image file and it's not a
dynamic content ( I have jboss as my application server , Apache connects
thru mod_jk). This image file is not being served by Jboss and is getting
served directly by Apache ( I also have mod_cache enabled , but tried
clearing the cache , still same result).

Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong ? Is there any other way
to stop apache from revealing its version information ?

Regards

Soumendu

RE: [users@httpd] Trying to modify Server header for apache 2.2.4 but fails

Posted by Nir Peled <ni...@advantech.co.il>.
Hi again,

If you really want to use mod_headers for this, I'd suggest the
following line:

Header unset Server

Regards,

Nir Peled