Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Sayre <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 14:33:16 UTC

Re: Exception Handling and Logging

Hi Paul,

I know its been a while but I am now trying to log my exceptions.
Previously I was redirecting to a JSP and outputting the error.  A
requirement has come up where the client does not want the user seeing
any stack traces etc.  So I want to log the exception in the action
and then redirect to a generic error page.

I have the exception results and the exception mapping set up.  I was
wondering what is the best way to log this.  Right now I have my
Exception result directing to an action which calls my log class.  The
problem is a can not seem to get the exceptionStack passed into this
action so I can not log all of the information.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rich