Posted to user@metron.apache.org by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> on 2017/11/14 10:26:16 UTC

Kibana dashboard gone

Hi guys, I have accidentally deleted all the elasticsearch data,

[image: Inline image 1]

And Now the kibana dashboard is gone.

[image: Inline image 2]

Am I completely fu**d here or can I still do something to bring it back.

Re: Kibana dashboard gone

Posted by Laurens Vets <la...@daemon.be>.
pcap-service is "Not monitored". Shouldn't that be "Running"?

Anyways, maybe it's best to start again :)

On 2017-11-14 21:48, Syed Hammad Tahir wrote:

> [...]
>
> Nope, no exceptions here
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 1:07 AM, Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Er, look under the Metron service.
>
> Also, now that I think about it, I don't think deleting the indexes will remove the templates. I'd look in your Storm logs for the indexing topology to see if there are any exceptions being thrown.
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Anyway, cant re-deploy ES templates as I see this
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Explicit mappings?
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:56 AM, Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You should also re-deploy the Elasticsearch templates - Go to ES in Ambari -> Service Actions -> Install Templates. ES will automagically map things, but it might cause problems without our explicit mappings.
>
> Cheers,
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:41 PM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Did that, but I cant see the sensor stub data coming to dashboard although the sensor stubs are up and running. Does it have something to do with the deleted indices from elastic search?
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:40 AM, Casey Stella <ce...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In that case, then as Mike said, you can do that from Ambari via the service actions -> deploy the kibana dashboard.
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> I dont need to replay anything, I just need the kibana dashboard back so I can feed the snort logs from scratch.
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 12:13 AM, Michael Miklavcic <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If you just need the dashboard, go to the Kibana service in Ambari, click on Service Actions and choose the option to deploy the Kibana Dashboard. If you need to recover all of your index data, you might look at this [1]. Another option, if you're able in this environment, is to replay all the data from Kafka. Restart your indexing topology with the option for kafka.start set to EARLIEST in elasticsearch.properties. Be careful with this if you have a lot of data as it will replay *everything* in your indexing topic.
>
> elasticsearch.properties
>
> # One of EARLIEST, LATEST, UNCOMMITTED_EARLIEST, UNCOMMITTED_LATEST
> kafka.start=UNCOMMITTED_EARLIEST
>
> 1. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36573257/recover-accidentally-deleted-index-without-snapshot [1]
>
> Best,
> Mike Miklavcic
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Help guys .
>
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:26 PM, Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk> wrote:
>
> Hi guys, I have accidentally deleted all the elasticsearch data,
>
> And Now the kibana dashboard is gone.
>
> Am I completely fu**d here or can I still do something to bring it back.

Links:
------

Re: Kibana dashboard gone

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.
Yes I was thinking about same however, I thought there might be another
graceful way to get out of this situation

Re: Kibana dashboard gone

Posted by Ryan Merriman <me...@gmail.com>.

Re: Kibana dashboard gone

Posted by Syed Hammad Tahir <ms...@itu.edu.pk>.