Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2022/01/11 16:54:39 UTC

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

> Le 14/12/2021 à 09:34, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> I also wonder if we should not get rid of Apache XMLRPC knowing that it's no longer maintained: https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-6vwp-35w3-xph8
>
> A milder mitigation would be to simply comment out the 2 tests that fail on BuildBot. That would allow to keep XMLRPC for those interested. Like
> people working in a safe (ie no internet) environment. We also know that only post-auth attacks are possible.
>
> Opinions?
>
> Jacques

Hi,

Sorry I forgot to send this email I created one month ago

This is done, for now only trunk and R18 works: https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders (look for "ofb")

I'm currently working to integrate also R20.

We are still waiting for Infra for several missing features, the most important being missing status emails: INFRA-22689
Also are missing, faculty to start a build from IRC and, more technical, the possibility to use several servers to launch builds.
We had all that before...

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

As you may know this is definitely replaced by a solution in the BB UI (I sent a message about that somewhere else)

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
>> We are still waiting for Infra for several missing features, the most important being missing status emails: INFRA-22689
>> Also are missing, faculty to start a build from IRC and, more technical, the possibility to use several servers to launch builds.
>> We had all that before...
>>
>> Jacques

Hi,

INFRA-22689 is done. So we now receive emails when the build status of a branch changes (successful or not)

We still miss the rest.

Jacques

Re: Migration from ci.a.o

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
> Le 15/12/2021 à 17:22, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>> Le 14/12/2021 à 09:34, Jacques Le Roux a écrit :
>>> I also wonder if we should not get rid of Apache XMLRPC knowing that it's no longer maintained: https://github.com/advisories/GHSA-6vwp-35w3-xph8
>>
>> A milder mitigation would be to simply comment out the 2 tests that fail on BuildBot. That would allow to keep XMLRPC for those interested. Like
>> people working in a safe (ie no internet) environment. We also know that only post-auth attacks are possible.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry I forgot to send this email I created one month ago
>
> This is done, for now only trunk and R18 works: https://ci2.apache.org/#/builders (look for "ofb")
>
> I'm currently working to integrate also R20.

Hi,

Of course I meant R22. It's now operational, though the currently assigned BuildBot worker (bb_worker4_ubuntu) is stale. Nevertheless, I was able to
test using the bb_worker5_ubuntu worker. We need to wait for the "more technical" (last) point below to be able to use a kind of carousel to
automatically pick one available worker among others

Jacques