Posted to fop-commits@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/02/09 15:41:44 UTC

[Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki] Trivial Update of "WhitespaceManagement" by cbowditch

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics-fop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by cbowditch:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/WhitespaceManagement

     * fox:best-fit-block and fox:best-fit-alternative perhaps? "alternative" seems somewhat too generic. "best-fit-block" stresses that this is about block-progression-direction only.

+       * [CB] Yes I agree the names aren't great. I just made them up to get the point across. The 2 names you suggest do sound better to me.
+
   * What about rewording this example using a single, standard block containing inline / block level alternatives? Would it be a different use case, a more general (or more particular) one, or just a different "perspective"? [LF]

     * [JM] Right. Thinking some more, there's at least one interesting use case (actually a real-life use case from a project I'm working on although we don't use FO there) in inline-progress-direction. Imagine a task where you have to format an address inside a table-cell with not too much room. You'll want to write the full name and address if possible but you also apply some shortening rules in case the strings are very long: