Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/10 14:17:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tez 0.10.0 Release Planning

JIRAS NEEDED
Please give feedback for Tez 0.10.0 release planning. Specifically, let's
propose jiras required for the release as well as the timing for the
release. Let's keep this discussion open for the week and reply with JIRA
proposals.

RELEASE MANAGER
If anyone is wanting to volunteer for 0.10.0 release manager, please let me
know. The process is documented, but having someone walk through the
process the first time is best.

Jon Eagles
Tez PMC Chair

Re: [DISCUSS] Tez 0.10.0 Release Planning

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
Thank you devs for the feedback and discussion and thank you László Bodor
for volunteering to be 0.10.0 release manager. Let's track these jiras
above to completion and cut a release. The official process is documented
on our twiki and I can help to guide as needed.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TEZ/Making+a+TEZ+Release

Jon

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.
FYI: there are 2 issues which block 0.10.0 release, and I'm working on
these below:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ-4228 -> ready to merge
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-24111 -> hang in hive unit test,
need to confirm if it's a tez or hive bug (if Hive, I'll proceed with tez
RC immediately)

note: HIVE-24111 was also discovered after tez 0.9.1->0.9.2 upgrade
earlier, so it should be considered while doing 0.9.x release (see thread
in tez dev list: "Failed Hive upgrade to Tez 0.9.2")
"

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by László Bodor <bo...@gmail.com>.