Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by The Kelley's <ti...@mindspring.com> on 2002/07/26 15:46:55 UTC

Tomcat and connecting a JDBC DB

I need to run my database in a servlet in Tomcat.
These are the things I don't understand.
How do I map the database so that it can be reference with a http: url.
I know its suppose to be something like jdbc:HypersonicSQL:http://xxxxx with
hypersonic version 1.43 but I don't know how to map it.
I think I'm supporse to add the hsql.jar file to the path.
I have created a basic connection like this.....
String dbURL = "jdbc:HypersonicSQL:C:\\Documents and Settings" +
"\\Administrator\\jbproject\\Hypersonic" + "\\computerbooks.rwd";
       try
        {
            // Load the HSQL Database Engine JDBC driver
            Class.forName("org.hsql.jdbcDriver").newInstance();
            System.out.println(dbURL);
            Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbURL,"sa","");

But I don't know the steps for making this happen in Tomcat with a http Url.
Hypersonic says for this database to handle multiple request I must use the
"jdbc:HypersonicSQL:http://xxxxx" format

Can you help Me.?

Thanks
Tim