Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/10/30 15:00:50 UTC

[FYI] cool packages for mach-o

[since the number of switchers around here is increasing, I think this
is less and less off-topic ;-)]

Point your browser to

  http://www.serverlogistics.com/software.php

where you find very nicely packages for

  - apache 2.0.x
  - mysql 4.0.x (including JDBC driver!!)
  - tomcat 4.1.x (including mod_jk2 for apache2!!)
  - php 4.3.x (including PEAR and a bunch of extensions)

that install nicely on /Library/ and put themselves into StartupItems
and provide a PreferencePane addon so that you can use the System
Preferences to start/stop/configure/etc..

Very Nice!!

There is also a package for Cocoon but it's 2.0.x

Ah, if you use MySQL, don't forget CocoaMySQL, it's a beauty ;-)

--
Stefano, soooooo happy he switched... sooo happy :-)))

Re: [FYI] cool packages for mach-o

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 02:00 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> [since the number of switchers around here is increasing, I think this
> is less and less off-topic ;-)]
>
> Point your browser to
>
>  http://www.serverlogistics.com/software.php
>
> where you find very nicely packages for
>
>  - apache 2.0.x
>  - mysql 4.0.x (including JDBC driver!!)
>  - tomcat 4.1.x (including mod_jk2 for apache2!!)
>  - php 4.3.x (including PEAR and a bunch of extensions)

I use these too, very nice!
I had the feeling though that they were not being updated, though I
could be wrong, maybe he's sometimes a couple of versions behind.

> that install nicely on /Library/ and put themselves into StartupItems
> and provide a PreferencePane addon so that you can use the System
> Preferences to start/stop/configure/etc..

Yeah the PrefPanes are very handy. The TomCat one looses it
occasionally. Just quit PrefPanes and restart it, and the TomCat one
generally workout again whether it is on or off :)

> Very Nice!!
>
> There is also a package for Cocoon but it's 2.0.x
>
> Ah, if you use MySQL, don't forget CocoaMySQL, it's a beauty ;-)

Its a must-have app, such a shame it does not access PostgreSQL though,
I miss it!

> --
> Stefano, soooooo happy he switched... sooo happy :-)))

You have to write your story up for the Apple Switchers site :)

	http://www.apple.com/switch/stories/

regards Jeremy