Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Peter Rajesh <ra...@siptech.co.in> on 2001/10/05 09:55:31 UTC

WebPagePortlet - Content in the Portlet area

HI,

I have a WebPagePortlet in Jetspeed, which displays the content of
http://java.sun.com . When i click some thing, for ex., if i do a search
in that site, the Jetspeed page is gone and the search result is
displayed in the same browser, i.e, the entire javasoft site if
displayed. Is it possible to display the search content in the Portlet
area itself? I need to click the Back button to get the original
Jetspeed page. Please let me know if you have any idea to achieve this.

Thanks,

Regards

Peter Rajesh

Re: WebPagePortlet - Content in the Portlet area

Posted by ZHU Jia <ji...@ains.at>.
Sorry I can't help, only want to say it's my question too, and it's
quite urgent, so someone please help us!

many thanks in advance!

ZHU Jia

Posted by Ming Fai <mi...@hongkong.com>.
unofficial answer:
coz the link in java.sun.com is a normal link, so, it targets at the browser
window, as same as any other links on the page.

So, my solution:
1. Set the base target
make ur site with frame and set the base target to a specific frame. not a
perfect solution but better than none.

2. modify the link when loading the WebPagePortlet
The only perfect solution is to change the link in the portlet when it
loads. So, write an portlet class to extend WebPagePortlet, after loaded the
http stream, do a process to replace all href attribute i.e. <a href="url">
to target to ur screen. So, when a user click on a link, he is linked to
your page with the original url as a parameter, then let the portlet read
the url parameter to show the target page.

the world is never perfect, if the link is in javascript, then you mean need
a more complex process to modify the href attribute.

regards,
mingfai