Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Prashant Neginahal <pr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/29 08:43:53 UTC

Using Maven with custom libraries which are not in repository.

Hi All,

We are starting new web project. But, it has to be built on some proprietary
web framework which is NOT mavenised and comes with its own bunch
of libraries. I am thinking of using maven for this application development.
But, just wondering how to ensure maven uses this proprietary framework and
its libraries which are not there in repository. Can we just dump framework
libraries in WEB_INF/lib folder and maven includes the same in its
CLASSPATH.

Thanks,
Prashant

Re: Using Maven with custom libraries which are not in repository.

Posted by Kathryn Huxtable <ka...@kathrynhuxtable.org>.
And a single Nexus instance can have multiple repositories. You can manually install your custom libraries in a repository in Nexus that is only used by this one project.

-K

Posted by "Schrecker, Wolfgang" <Wo...@atosorigin.com>.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Rule of thumb:

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prashant Neginahal <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Polet <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prashant Neginahal <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply,Yuvaraj.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
I suggest using http://search.maven.org instead as that's the official
search engine for Maven central, which is the default repo for Maven.

/Anders

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
On Wed, September 28, 2011 11:43 pm, Prashant Neginahal wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are starting new web project. But, it has to be built on some
> proprietary
> web framework which is NOT mavenised and comes with its own bunch
> of libraries. I am thinking of using maven for this application
> development.
> But, just wondering how to ensure maven uses this proprietary framework
> and
> its libraries which are not there in repository. Can we just dump
> framework
> libraries in WEB_INF/lib folder and maven includes the same in its
> CLASSPATH.

Get a repository server like Nexus or Artifactory and deploy all the
dependencies there and then use as normal.

manfred
http://simpligility.com