Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Don Saklad <ds...@zurich.csail.mit.edu> on 2004/08/21 06:14:56 UTC

emacs rmail

In emacs rmail, how do emacs rmail users use the spamassassin headers
for reading messages?...

Re: emacs rmail

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <ro...@earthlink.net>.
On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 12:14:56AM -0400, Don Saklad wrote:
> In emacs rmail, how do emacs rmail users use the spamassassin headers
> for reading messages?...

I'm not sure what you want to do.  At that point, it's too late to do
anything with the headers.  Bear in mind I am not familiar with all of
rmail's features since I use (1) mutt, (2) Balsa, and (3) VM in Emacs,
in that order of frequency.

I have procmail sort the mail thusly:

------------- 8< snipped from my ~/.procmailrc ------------
# Don't let SA filter this traffic as it could poison the Bayes filter.
:0:

:0fw
| spamc

# Any spam with 9 or more * will be summarily punted.
:0 H
/dev/null

# For testing the above
# $HOME/Mail/reallyspam

:0:
------------- 8< snipped from my ~/.procmailrc ------------

With sufficient Bayes training, I get precious little spam in my
mailbox.  Once or twice a day, I check the "caughtspam" box for false
positives (again, precious few) and punt the rest.

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Grace happens.