Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by June Voon Hew <jv...@hotmail.com> on 2009/03/05 05:45:09 UTC

Problem on printing pdf with barcode

Dear,

I'm using the pdfbox as my pdf file printing feature on my java program. I had successfull print

all those pdf files on my pc but got problem when print out those with barcode image.

FYI, I'm using iTEXT java lib to construct my pdf file and using iText's Barcode39 object to generate barcode image

on pdf.

However, if I using the Adobe Reader to view and print the file, it was fine!. Is there any addon external lib needed

other than fontbox.jar?

I need the pdfbox to print out by batch without user interruption. Please help.

Thank you.

Regards,

hew

Windows Live™ Groups: Create an online spot for your favorite groups to meet.
http://windowslive.com/online/groups?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_groups_032009

Re: Problem on printing pdf with barcode

Posted by Daniel Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Typically, bar code printing is done by using a special bar code font.

Unless I've missed something recent & major, PDFBox knows how to render only
a handful of fonts -- and Barcode39 is not one of them.

There was some discussion of something to detect and use any font installed
on the system ... so if someone else jumps in & says I'm wrong, I'll be
happy to admit it!

Daniel Wilson