Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "Agarwal, Nikhil" <Ni...@netapp.com> on 2013/04/02 15:53:17 UTC

What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Hi,

I wanted to ask that suppose I have Hadoop source code and Jonbtracker running on my linux machine. If I want to start a TaskTracker daemon on another machine then do I need to put Hadoop source code in that machine or can I start TaskTracker without the source code also?

Also, if my master node (where JobTracker is running) is linux then can I have slave node as windows machine and start Tasktracker on it without putting Hadoop source code?

Thank you for the help.

Regards,
Nikhil

Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
i guess when you say source code you mean the hadoop binary jar.  if not
then you never need hadoop source code to run hadoop daemons.  You just
need the binary jars

yes you will need to put the binaries on all the nodes.

ideally the hadoop cluster is set across the same unified environment. so
its better you have same OS across all your machines to be on sure side
that you don't run into weird issues which you can not isolate from your
jobs and hadoop codebase

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: What is required to run hadoop daemons?

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
Nitin Pawar