Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Abhishek Suresh Kumar <as...@embedur.com> on 2022/09/20 13:17:51 UTC

t3c apply automation

Hello,

                This is a query on executing t3c-apply using an API. As per the ATC documentation, it is inferred that t3c commands has to be triggered using a CRON job or any automation tool. And there is no API for invoking the t3c command.

Is there an existing way to automatically trigger t3c command on a profile update of an edge server.

[cid:image002.png@01D8CD21.79CFB560]

Regards,
Abhishek S

Re: t3c apply automation

Posted by Eric Friedrich <fr...@apache.org>.
Abhishek-
  Correct, there is no API for invoking t3c. Caches typically are hosted on
the public Internet, so we try to minimize the number of publicly listening
services for security reasons.

Other than cron, you could also consider a configuration management tool
like Ansible or Puppet to remotely trigger t3c.

--Eric