Posted to apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org by Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com> on 2003/11/11 00:32:46 UTC

libapreq2 crashes

Apache (2.0.47, Win32) crashes if I call apreq_request(r, NULL) from my
module when mod_apre.so is not loaded.

Re: libapreq2 crashes

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.
Vladimir Dudov <du...@relexus.com> writes:

> Apache (2.0.47, Win32) crashes if I call apreq_request(r, NULL) from
> my module when mod_apre.so is not loaded.

It's easy to add a test (to your module's register hook)
that the proper environment for libapreq2 is available.
For mod_apreq, you can test

  strcmp(apreq_env_name, "APACHE2") == 0

and if you need a minimum version of mod_apreq.so, test

  apreq_env_magic_number >= 20031107

or somesuch.  That's what we do for the perl glue,
because we expect this sort of oversight
(mod_apreq.so not loaded) to be quite common.

--
Joe Schaefer