Posted to user@hive.apache.org by VanHuy Pham <hu...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/25 21:43:34 UTC

Hive Thrift Client

Hi,
   I am trying to use the hive thrift client to connect to hive. Even
though I have started the hive thrift server (it's running by checking
netstat -na | grep 10000).
   However, the thrift client justs hangs forever when I execute a query.
here is the code:

                      TSocket transport = new TSocket(hiveServer, hivePort);

                      transport.setTimeout(999999);

                      TBinaryProtocol protocol = new
TBinaryProtocol(transport);

                      client = new ThriftHive.Client(protocol);

                      transport.open();

                      System.out.println(transport.isOpen()); ///// It is
open

                      System.out.println("Executing query");
                      client.execute("show tables"); // >>> hanging forever

The thrift server is definitely on, because if I tried shutting it down,
the hanging would stop immediately and say something like "connection
interupted...". I was able to use JDBC to connect to hive locally only.
Trying to use thrift client now.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Re: Hive Thrift Client

Posted by Ben Kim <be...@gmail.com>.
alright the problem solved!
Now I'm able to connect to the hiveserver. I appreciate your help Navis :)

Ben

--

*Benjamin Kim*
*benkimkimben at gmail*