Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@ebuilt.com> on 2000/11/04 02:50:34 UTC

apr_sleep(0)

Is apr_sleep really supposed to assume that nobody will
call it with a value of zero?  I seem to recall that being
a fairly common event for the sleep system call, so crapping
out on a divide by zero would be a bad plan.

....Roy

Re: apr_sleep(0)

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 05:50:34PM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Is apr_sleep really supposed to assume that nobody will
> call it with a value of zero?  I seem to recall that being
> a fairly common event for the sleep system call, so crapping
> out on a divide by zero would be a bad plan.

Brain fart?

All of the apr_sleep() functions have t/whatever. Last I remembered,
dividing 0 by something else is quite fine...

:-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: apr_sleep(0)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
Good point.

Ryan

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> Is apr_sleep really supposed to assume that nobody will
> call it with a value of zero?  I seem to recall that being
> a fairly common event for the sleep system call, so crapping
> out on a divide by zero would be a bad plan.
>
> ....Roy

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131