Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Su...@epamail.epa.gov on 2001/06/14 21:04:12 UTC

Forward and Inclide

Can anybody explain the difference between the RequestDispatcher's Forward
and Include methods in practical terms i.e. Why would you use on and not
the other? Or if you know of any on-line documentation that would be
helpful as well. I've read the Servlet documentation but cannot understand
how they are different.

Thanks

Jeff Sulman

Re: Forward and Inclide

Posted by Luba Powell <lu...@bellatlantic.net>.
My understanding is that JSP:FORWARD is translated by into
pageContext.forward(String url, String parm)

So it is just a JSP specific implementation of  javax.servlet.ServletContext
interface that provides javax.servlet.RequestDispatcher where you can
imlement forward(ServletRequest req, ServletResponse res) method.

Additions, corrections??