Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sh...@lotus.com on 2001/05/22 20:43:52 UTC

Xalan conf tests: easy updates for DOM flavors - volunteers?

There are a number of existing conf tests that could be easily modified to
run when using DOMs to do the processing.  I'd love to see someone update
the below tests to get us closer to being able to run DOM flavored tests...

Currently a number of tests fail when using -flavor trax.dom; many due to
problems or oddities with the particular test structure, rather than any
DOM bugs.  I believe each of the below tests could be rewritten - without
changing the meaning of the test - to either legally run as a
DOMSource/DOMResult, or to allow our nifty XHTComparator to diff the output
file and report a pass rather than a fail.

(XHTComparator ignores the ordering of attrs on xml elements - so in many
cases where you have 5 items to output but the test may do it in a
different order, if you put the items into attributes on a node, the test
will still pass {since xml explicitly doesn't care about attribute ordering
here}.  A number of tests currently output the validation data as text
nodes, which will fail whenever the order happens to get mixed up).

conflictres19 - make well-formed, use attrs instead of text so out-of-order
compares possible

idkey07 - validate unequality of various generate-id stmts instead of
validating actual ID's (i.e, the test is a little more complex, but do
something like value-of(generate-id(a) <> generate-id(b)) or the like).

idkey09 - make wellformed

lre13: DOM006 hierarchy error - this is testing just text output without
tags, so may never be valid in a DOM model - but if we can keep the meaning
of the test the same and output an enclosing <out> element, that would be
great.

message02 - make wellformed (should not affect test)

node17 - change to output attrs instead of elements, so out-of-order
compares possible

output42, output43 - make well formed (has multiple roots currently)

output46 - make wellformed HTML at least

predicate38 - make wellformed (add root element)

select69 - if possible (don't know if it'll affect test) output attrs
instead of text, so out-of-order compares possible

sort22-25 - can this be changed to xml instead of text to make wellformed?

sort30, sort31, sort35, sort37 - can this be changed to xml instead of text
to make wellformed?

There are a small number of other tests that fail when run with DOM
flavors, but they're unavoidable: we sometimes test bare text output, which
clearly wouldn't be a legal DOM.

- Shane