Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Cheng, John" <Jo...@sabre.com> on 2006/05/09 20:10:32 UTC

AxisEngineException

Hi,

I am having a problem to make a C++ app to call a .NET C# web service,
using Axis C++. The service was implemented and tested separately. I
generated the client side code using WSDL2Ws and included it with my
application (on windows platform). But when running the application I
get AxisEngineException while instantiating the generated class. There
is no other information, and I could not figure it out base on the
document. I also tried to compile the distributed project
vc\Distribution.sln and vc\AxisDevelopment.sln, hope to get a debug
version of axis_client.lib. But it complains some files can not be
found, for example: src\common\AxisException.cpp is not in the package.
Any help?

Thanks!

John Cheng

Re: AxisEngineException

Posted by Adrian Dick <ad...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi,

Have you tried turning on trace?  ( See
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/TraceGuide.html#enablingRuntimeTrace and
possibly also
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/TraceGuide.html#enablingStartupTrace )
This may give you some pointers to the problem, if there's nothing obvious
you can post your tracefile here so we can look for any problems.

As for project files, see my response to another recent question here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=axis-c-user&m=114724798004149&w=2

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Dick (adrian.dick@uk.ibm.com)