Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Anderson <MM...@novell.com> on 2002/02/13 02:16:34 UTC

RE: Native Connector problems

The problem is that the default cache size is one and in the ajp_init
function
in jk_ajp_common.c we return from inside of an if when we initialize
the cache
so the secrect member of the structure never gets initialized.  This
caused
some GPFs in certain cases on some of my builds.

I've checked in the fix.  All I did was move the line that initializes
secret up above
the if statement.

Remy, would it be possible to relabel jk_ajp_common.c
rev. 1.24 as the rev for tomcat_402?  I've built and tested this fix on
NetWare
and the resolved my GPFs and bad behavior talking to older
installations
of Tomcat (i.e. 3.3).  I was able to use the same module to talk to
Tomcat 4.0.2 and Tomcat 3.3 from the same instance of the web server.
I love it when a plan comes together :-)

Mike Anderson

>>> hgomez@slib.fr 02/12/02 05:19PM >>>
>One of the last changes on the connector ( the secret )
>introduced a bug,
>when worker_cache is enabled. The secret will not be initialized, and

>that may creates all kind of serious problems.

Could you detail the problem ?

Re: Native Connector problems

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > The problem is that the default cache size is one and in the ajp_init
> > function
> > in jk_ajp_common.c we return from inside of an if when we initialize
> > the cache
> > so the secrect member of the structure never gets initialized.  This
> > caused
> > some GPFs in certain cases on some of my builds.
> >
> > I've checked in the fix.  All I did was move the line that initializes
> > secret up above
> > the if statement.
> >
> > Remy, would it be possible to relabel jk_ajp_common.c
> > rev. 1.24 as the rev for tomcat_402?  I've built and tested this fix on
> > NetWare
> > and the resolved my GPFs and bad behavior talking to older
> > installations
> > of Tomcat (i.e. 3.3).  I was able to use the same module to talk to
> > Tomcat 4.0.2 and Tomcat 3.3 from the same instance of the web server.
> > I love it when a plan comes together :-)
>
> I've retagged the file.

Nice... But the tarballs should be redone, should n't they?
Then how to know that a 4.0.2 tarballs (connectors) is a good one?
I would have retagged jakarta-tomcat-connectors as tomcat_402_01 and will
rebuild the tarballs as jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src.*

Any comments?

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bojan Smojver <bo...@binarix.com>.
On Wed, 2002-02-13 at 15:40, cmanolache@yahoo.com wrote:

> If you ever see any commit (from me) that late in a release cycle - make
> sure you -1 it, regardless of how usefull it may look. Peer review seems
> to work well, but it needs more time.

After half a billion commits you introduced a bug. You are being too
hard on yourself... :-)

Best of luck with PMC election!

Bojan

RE: Native Connector problems

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Mike Anderson wrote:

> The problem is that the default cache size is one and in the ajp_init

The problem is that I spent too much time writing java code. I didn't see
the return statement, the deep if() have confused me.

If you ever see any commit (from me) that late in a release cycle - make
sure you -1 it, regardless of how usefull it may look. Peer review seems
to work well, but it needs more time.

Costin

AW: Native Connector problems

Posted by Hans Schmid <ha...@mega-schmid.de>.
Hi,

I just ran into a problem with the loadbalancing stuff.

I built mod_jk.so from the 4.0.2 connector package and replaced my
mod_jk.so (TC3.3 Version) with this one in apache/libexec (1.3.19).

By just changing a link back and forth between the two versions, I tested
our TC3.3 based application against the two versions of mod_jk.
If this is not enough and I am missing something, please let me know.
Otherwise exactly the same setup

All works perfectly with the new mod_jk when I use normal ajp13 workers
(one webapp), but fails when I use a loadbalancing worker pointing to
another webapp on a different Tomcat instance.

I do not have the mod_jk.log here at home. Will send it in a couple of
hours when I am in the office.

What else would be required for debugging?

Note, We use the loadbalancer just for switching tomcats. Only one
instance of the two loadbalanced Tomcats is active most of the time.
(by changing the lbvalue)

Thanks,
Hans