Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2019/04/01 06:13:18 UTC

Log4j - Docker - Spring Cloud Configuration integration

I have committed more changes to the LOG4J2-913 branch. These are primarily for testing the performance of various appenders in delivering log events to a forwarder / aggregator in a different docker container or somewhere else.

I have updated the staging area for the Log4j web site with the relevant updates. Please review http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/manual/cloud.html, http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/log4j-docker/index.html, and http://rgoers.github.io/log4j2-site/log4j-spring-cloud-config/log4j-spring-cloud-config-client/index.html. Please review these for broken links, grammar, missing content, correctness, etc., or anything that just seems wrong or something I missed.

There is also a sample spring cloud config server enabled for hosting the log4j2.xml and a sample app (similar to the one I gave you) that I used to test everything. It is at https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/tree/LOG4J2-913/log4j-spring-cloud-config/log4j-spring-cloud-config-samples.

There is a considerable amount of code here and I will have to port this to the master branch before committing to the release-2.x branch and that will take me a bit to complete, so please take your time.

Thanks,

Ralph