Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/09/02 18:36:33 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7954 new markdown editor fails to trigger browser spell checkers

That issue has been fixed in latest versions, but I think the spell checker is still pretty limited.  There's [no way to see correction suggestions](https://github.com/NextStepWebs/codemirror-spell-checker/issues/10) and no way to add words to a local dictionary.

Also when we do it, I'd tweak the CSS a bit to use a border instead of background:

~~~~
::css
.CodeMirror .cm-spell-error:not(.cm-url):not(.cm-comment) {
    background: inherit;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted red;
}
~~~~

---

** [tickets:#7954] new markdown editor fails to trigger browser spell checkers**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Sat Aug 08, 2015 04:48 AM UTC by T. Bug Reporter
**Last Updated:** Mon Aug 17, 2015 01:45 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

>From <https://sourceforge.net/p/forge/site-support/10975/> (that posting apparently failed to get anyone's attention there in the past week, so I'm cross-posting it here):

> With yesterday's [2015-07-30] change to the message input form (i.e. the box I'm typing this into now), I find that my browser (Firefox 39) no longer invokes its spell-checker while I'm typing. If I right-click the text area, I still get "Check Spelling" as an option, but clicking that does nothing. The problem is apparently specific to this new form, because other input boxes (such as the one at https://sourceforge.net/support) still flag misspelled words.
>
> Also, it's not specific to Firefox, or to newer browsers. I tested with Chrome, and with old installations of Opera 12 and Safari for PC, and found the same behavior in all of them.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/