Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Akin, Klaus" <Kl...@infor.de> on 2005/06/21 14:20:39 UTC

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Hallo,

I have the following error:

way.

I get this error while I tried a svn merge between an empty directory und a
very large branch. It has the following structure:

Svn merge <empty dir url> <very large branch>

After a long time (about one hour) and very many added files later I get
this error.

I'm running subversion 1.2.0 as a client und apache as the server.

Has anybody an Idee?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Klaus

Re: This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ec...@satorlaser.com>.
Akin, Klaus wrote:
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way.

[...]
> Svn merge <empty dir url> <very large branch>

svn copy <very large branch> <empty dir url>

> After a long time (about one hour) and very many added files later I get
> this error.

Sounds like it's running out of memory. The error message could be better, but
basically there is not much that Subversion can do about the fact. Try
watching how much memory is allocated to the process, and if that is going
too high, try increasing swap or, better, RAM.

Uli