Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/07/23 16:55:07 UTC

iText

I saw that iText can use tables and relative image links without any problem.
Isn't it worth to check out iText in Forrest.  iText is also not as memory
hungry as FOP.
What are your experiences with iText PDF generation?
Bert

Please notify me if you did not receive this mail.

Re: iText

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
At 17:55 23/07/2002 +0200, you wrote:

>Bert Van Kets wrote:
>>I saw that iText can use tables and relative image links without any problem.
>>Isn't it worth to check out iText in Forrest.  iText is also not as
>>memory hungry as FOP.
>>What are your experiences with iText PDF generation?
>
>Users have always been talking well about iText.
>If you have time/will, it would be cool to try out the new iText
>Serializer that's in Cocoon.

I got as far as compiling todays Cocoon CVS HEAD. ;-)
It seems the syntax of iText is entirely different from anything we used
before, but it seems to be rather complete.  I need PDF generation for a
project I'm working on, so I will check it out.
If all goes well I'll get as far as document2iText.xsl.

Bert

Re: iText

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I saw that iText can use tables and relative image links without any
> problem.
> Isn't it worth to check out iText in Forrest.  iText is also not as
> memory hungry as FOP.
> What are your experiences with iText PDF generation?

Users have always been talking well about iText.
If you have time/will, it would be cool to try out the new iText
Serializer that's in Cocoon.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -